Important questions to ask:
- Will it take longer than 4-6 weeks to finish?
- Is a deposit required?
- Are you licensed and bonded?
- Are references available?
- Do you have your own service department to handle warranty and maintenance issues?
- How many contractors will have to be used? Are the contractors insured? Are they from out of town?
- How many materials are available and how many colors do they come in?
- Do I have a retainage to hold or will I have to pay 100% before the pool is finished?
- Do you charge by square footage or linear footage? The latter charges you for shape.
- Will I see the person who sold me the pool again?
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
• Simply check your records for a plot plan. This is the legal description of your lot and will show servitudes, set back lines, and other restrictions of which we need to be aware.
• Come by our office and view our picture books. These books are filled with examples of our work. From ultra sophisticated to small and simple, we have built them all, so take your time looking and formulate which styles and specifics that you like. Our staff can help you with any questions you may have, and hopefully you’ll come away with an accurate concept of what you want.
• Make an appointment with one of our builders to meet at your house. We’ll assess your yard from a variety of perspectives including access, drainage, and focal points. We'll discuss what you desire in a pool. Small children, exercising, playing volleyball...etc., all these things are important and are factored into your design.
• We'll work up a three dimensional drawing for you based on our discussions. Along with that drawing, we'll submit a complete bid including a number of options. Many of these, such as robot cleaners and sanitizers are geared such that you can add them later when you're more familiar with your pool. After going over our bid with you, you'll know exactly where you stand, what's included and what's not.
• Often it takes a few drawings to get exactly what you want, and we'll draw it as many times as it takes to get it perfect. Remember, we don't charge for the shape, so your options are truly limitless!